Give your home a facelift
It is now officially Spring, and time to have a clear out and refresh your home. As much as we love redoing a room from top to bottom, sometimes that just isn’t practical. There are little things that you can do or change in your home to give you a different look without a complete overhaul.
You can make an impact or a subtle change with an update of your soft furnishings; a simple yet effective transformation. New textures and colours instantly refresh a room. There is a huge range of furnishings meaning there is something for every room and every taste. Here are some of our favourites:
We love these cushions from Amara with their bold design and colours they will make an impact in any room.
A simple change of curtains can add a touch of glamour. These striped curtains with tassel details from Anthropologie would do just the job.
In the bedroom, you have the option of making an easy yet effective adjustment simply by dressing your bed. A bedspread can inject colour into a room. We love these quilts, available in a range of sumptuous colours, from Graham and Green. You can also complement the colour with the addition of cushions. A simple yet effective investment for your interior.
A new rug can really change the feel of a room instantly so it is a fantastic choice if you are only looking to update a few pieces. This rug from Westelm is both stylish and functional.
There are other simple ways to freshen up your interiors:
- Painting the walls a new colour is a great way to make a big change at low cost. Do make sure that the new tone doesn’t clash with your key items such as your sofa!
- Add faux plants and greenery; focal points that look fresh
- Rearrange your existing furniture to create a new layout. Consider if there are pieces of furniture under-utilised elsewhere in your home that could be put to better use in the room
- Hanging art and mirrors will bring walls to life, adding colour and interest to the room
- Declutter your rooms so that you can display your favourite pieces to full effect. Group items together in odd numbers for an eye-catching display.
Follow us on Facebook and keep up to date with interior trends, hints and tips.